Development Residencies for Visual Artists
Standpoint Futures is a residency programme for visual artists based outside the capital, providing high calibre, tailored opportunities for discussion and interaction with the London art world.
Applications are invited for the seventh programme of Standpoint Futures.
NB. This will be an interim programme open to artists based in England only.
Standpoint Futures awards artists 6 weeks residency, working at residency partners Chisenhale Studios, including free studio and accommodation, all advisor and mentoring meetings, plus expenses contribution of £100 per week.
First residency: 6 November - 15 December 2017
Second residency: 8 January - 16 February 2018
Deadline for applications: Monday 7 August
Interviews at Standpoint: Monday 4 September
Application fee: £16.00
en Borthwick, Director Plymouth Arts Centre
Matthew Pendergast, Curator Castlefield Gallery
Louise Ashcroft, Artist Development, Chisenhale Studios
Fiona MacDonald, Director Standpoint Futures
London Programme: in addition to self-directed studio time:
- Introduction event - to the staff and artists at Chisenhale Studios.
- 5 studio visits from artists/curators/writer advisors, chosen in discussion with Standpoint Futures.
- 1+ studio visit per week with SF director and residency coordinator.
- Gallery and artist research – self-directed off-site visits, advised by SF staff.
- Public talk: by the residency artist, an opportunity for peer review.
- Work presentation – studio exhibit, workshop, screening or event – planned and implemented by the artist, residency co-ordinator and SF director.
- Support and advice from artists and staff at Chisenhale Studios.
- A 2-day introductory visit for the 2 selected artists to Manchester, hosted by Castlefield Gallery
- One artist will be chosen for a 4-week residency at Plymouth Arts Centre
Enquiries: email email@example.com / 020 8981 1916